Duration: Full Day
This full day tour will take you away from the hustle and bustle of the city to a day of exploring natural wonders and cultural heritage. You will travel to your exciting destinations in comfort on our premium luxury coach bus, which has theatre-style seating and LCD screens. Your friendly onboard hosts will not only provide ongoing commentary and entertainment as you travel, but also a unique airline-style onboard snack and light lunch service - so you can really expect to be pampered! Your exciting tour itinerary:
• Departing Auckland you will travel through small rural townships steeped in early pioneer history. Morning tea will be served during this time.
• Travelling through Waikato, which is the largest dairy and sheep farming province in New Zealand, located on the outskirts of Hamilton city.
• A guided tour through the World-famous Waitomo Glow Worm Cave as you drift silently in a boat through a limestone cavern lit up with thousands of tiny glow worm lights. The Arachnocampa luminosaa glow-worm is unique to New Zealand and seeing the shimmering lights of the thousands of tiny glow-worms is a truly magical experience.
• A delicious hot lunch is served by our friendly onboard crew as we make our way to Rotorua. We visit various attractions in Rotorua, which is the Maori culture and geothermal activity capital of New Zealand
• Get ready to unwind and let the stress fall away as we arrive at the Polynesian Spa (voted one of the top 10 spa resorts in the World) for your relaxing soak in the tranquil Lake Spa. As you soak in the shallow alkaline rock pools with temperatures ranging between 36 degree to 42 degree, you will be surrounded by revitalizing native New Zealand flora, natural rocks, the sound of two waterfalls and a grotto. The pools are filled with soothing alkaline mineral water which will leave you feeling refreshed and revitalized!
• A visit to the Agrodome Farm. Any visit to New Zealand is incomplete without a visit to a farm, so we know you’ll this stop, which is a 45-minute tour of an authentic working farm. Watch a sheep being born, hand-feed the animals and finish with a sheep dog trial.
• Travel through the Rotorua lake front and foreshore park and on through the beautiful and historic Government Gardens.
• Enjoy a 45-minute Maori Cultural Performance inside Te Puia's sacred Marae (meetinghouse). Surrounded by the carvings of ancestors, visitors are treated to perfect harmonies, the Poi, Haka and Tititorea (stick dance).
• Learn more about Maori culture on our visit to the Whakarewarewa Thermal Reserve and Maori Arts and Crafts Institute. You will see woodcarving, weaving displays, an active Maori village and the thermal valley with the famous Pohutu Geyser.
• We come to the end of our amazing tour and depart for Auckland from the Holiday Inn, Rotorua at 5pm (approx). Our onboard crew will keep you entertained on your journey back and an evening snack will be served as we head back to the City of Sails.
Fare includes: Admission to Waitomo Caves, Agrodome Farm,Whakarewarea Village and Polynesian Spa and Morning tea/lunch and evening snack.
Multilingual commentary in Spanish, Japanese and Mandarin now available.
Please note that this is a return day trip from Auckland. The coach will drop passengers off in Auckland at the same departure location.
You will need to bring
Flat walking shoes
Swim gear for spa (towel is provided at entry)